The First Step Toward
A Smile Transformation
Everyone deserves to have a smile to be proud of, so if you’re unhappy with how your smile looks or feels, Sonneveld Orthodontics has what you need to achieve that perfect smile you’ve dreamed about. From early orthodontic treatment for kids, to straightening teeth with braces and Invisalign, we work with patients of all ages out of our local office in Orland Park, IL to transform smiles that radiate confidence and happiness. While we’ve worked with countless families from surrounding communities, every flawless smile that we’ve helped create all started the same way: the first visit.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT
YOUR FIRST APPOINTMENT
Once you get your first appointment scheduled with us, the first thing we want to do is get to know you. To cover the most basic necessary information, we’ll have you fill out some new patient forms that will collect your contact information and medical history. If you want to save some time, you can always fill out the forms beforehand by downloading the forms online. In addition to the forms, we also request that you bring:
- Dental/Orthodontic X-rays – If you’ve had dental x-rays in the past 6 months, please bring a copy of them.
- Orthodontic Insurance – If you have orthodontic insurance, please bring your insurance card. This will assist us in providing a better estimate of your payment plan.
The actual appointment will consist of an initial examination, which will allow Dr. Sonneveld to familiarize himself with the current state of your bite, the alignment of your teeth, and your overall oral health. Typically this process takes about 30 minutes, but may take longer if you would like to ask us any questions, which we always encourage. We may also ask to book some time after the initial 30 minutes for x-rays, photos, digital scans, or impressions if they are necessary.
Welcoming You Into The
Sonneveld Orthodontics Family
Once we get all of the information and imaging that we need to start crafting your treatment plan, we like to take some time to introduce ourselves to you as well, since we’ll be your partners on this journey to your new smile. At your first appointment, you get to meet our friendly orthodontic staff along with the talented Dr. Sonneveld himself, and get a quick tour around our state-of-the-art office. You can always feel free to ask us any questions at any time when you’re in our office, since we always want to make sure that you’re as comfortable as possible. We’d be happy to address the following with you:
- Is there a condition that Dr. Sonneveld can address?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- What action will be done to correct the issue?
- How long will the treatment process take?
- How much is treatment going to cost?
- What are my payment options?
- Is treatment needed right away or should treatment be held off until appropriate growth, tooth eruption, or other factors have happened?