Clear Braces in Tinley Park, Oak Forest & Orland Park
Sonneveld Orthodontics is proud to offer a variety of treatments to help our patients achieve beautiful and perfectly aligned smiles that will last a lifetime. In addition to metal braces & Invisalign, we also offer clear braces as an orthodontic treatment option. Wondering whether clear braces may be right for you? Let’s take a look at the pros and cons below.
Benefits of Clear Braces
Clear braces, also called ceramic braces, are made of a ceramic composite that comes in white or a slightly darker color to blend with the teeth. They function in the same way as traditional metal braces do, and are just as effective. Benefits include:
- Discreet appearance – For those patients who prefer a less noticeable appliance, clear braces blend in very well with the teeth and offer
- Strong – ceramic braces of today are strong and able to withstand the pressure that is required to move the teeth into their proper positions.
- Comfortable – Clear braces are more delicate, and patients have reported less discomfort and irritation of the gums as opposed to metal braces, which can cause soreness and pain.
Things to Keep in Mind
While there are several great benefits to Oak Forest clear braces, there are also a few drawbacks:
- Less durable – Clear braces are not recommended for patients with complex cases, or who need extensive treatment to align the smile.
- More costly – Ceramic brackets are more expensive than traditional brackets. They are also larger, but because they blend in with the teeth, size is not typically a problem for most patients.
- Prone to Discoloration – The elastic bands which hold the archwire in place are a porous material, which can stain easily.
Contact Your Orland Park, Tinley Park & Oak Forest Orthodontist!
At Sonneveld Orthodontics, we love helping our patients achieve gorgeous smiles, whether through clear braces, metal braces, or any of our other treatments. If you’d like to know more about Tinley Park clear braces or discover which orthodontic treatment is right for you, we encourage you to schedule a consultation with us today. Or, contact us with any questions or concerns. We can’t wait to hear from you!